Skip to main content

Building XPages with Jenkins video

Few people told me that all this automated building is definitely nice, but they don't get why they should bother. I decided to record my test Jenkins machine, so it might show them what is this all good for - it's doing work for them (so you can show this to your boss and tell him/her you will be more efficient if you use such tools).

Anyway, this video just runs project from previous post using Jenkins.
  • At first I committed my code with an error that is later detected using Selenium test (it returns 300 instead of 200)
  • Then I fixed it (using notepad) and committed again

 
I did few cuts in the video, because often not much happens. I hope this will bring more XPages projects to Jenkins or any other CI tool.

final note - I really haven't touched that machine. No keyboard shortcuts :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft Word black box in numbering issue

This is awkward post, primarily to save the solution for future me. I have seen many people mentioning this problem over years and as I've struggled with it several times, I needed to find final and permanent solution. All editions of Microsoft Word from time to time suffer from bug in numbering. Instead of a number, black box is displayed. Sometimes it happens right after document is opened, sometimes during editing. Probably some internal structure of document gets corrupted, so based on level of corruption, different fixes could help. Many of them are listed at  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/ms-word-header-styles-are-showing-black-boxes/c427b21c-dcda-46ce-a506-b9a16c9f2f3f I took different approach. Since docx is just standard zip package with xml files, I decided to try if I can fix it manually. And it worked. When I extracted the docx, there was file called numbering.xml in word folder. When I examined that file, I found strange se

Quick Tip - SSJS Error line numbers

 Recently, I had to work on an app with a pretty huge server-side JavaScript codebase. Several developers with different levels of XPages knowledge worked on that project in the past, to the code is quite hard to follow. My suggestion to rewrite all the code to Java was not accepted, so we have to deal with SSJS for now. One of the most annoying things, when you work with SSJS, is that in many cases you don't know where an error is happening. If you keep things simple and allow redirection to an error page (default or custom), you get a lot of information, and usually, you don't want to scare users with that or you may even want to do something useful in a catch block to recover from the problem. If the problem is thrown directly in the XPages JS engine, it's usually an InterpretException, which contains the context information, but if you have to deal with standard Java exceptions, you don't have it. Imagine a simple scenario with a function in a ssjs lib. When you run

HCL Domino SSO with Microsoft Teams

 Microsoft Teams is probably one of the most used tools this year, it was already quite popular before the pandemic started to spread across the world this spring, but now most of the businesses I work with use it. After using it just like a chat/conferencing tool, many start to explore further capabilities of the platform. When working with Domino data in apps that are web-enabled, it can be quite easy - just add a web tab anywhere you want. The problem is, that you need to deal with user authentication.