Skip to main content

My presentation from SUTOL 2016 - Automation is developer's friend

Last week I had a session at Sutol conference about automation for developers. It covered several samples, where I started with Reat.js front-end app, stored it in Domino nsf database and later did also complete build on Jenkins server with Selenium tests.

It was a lot of fun to put this together and even more fun, as always, was to meet all those great people from ICS (or should I call it Watson Workplace now?) community.



Sutol 2016 - Automation is developer's friend from mpradny

Repository that I used for the demo is at Bitbucket.org - https://bitbucket.org/pradnik/todoapp_full/branch/develop . If you want to try it, you need to adjust some hardcoded values as I didn't make this build parameterized and it also depends on my Jenkins configuration. Job itself that I used was simple Pipeline from SCM, just with repo address.

Let me know if you want to try it and get stuck.

Many thanks to all sponsors,  organizers and attendees, who made SUTOL 2016 great event. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Microsoft Word black box in numbering issue

This is awkward post, primarily to save the solution for future me. I have seen many people mentioning this problem over years and as I've struggled with it several times, I needed to find final and permanent solution. All editions of Microsoft Word from time to time suffer from bug in numbering. Instead of a number, black box is displayed. Sometimes it happens right after document is opened, sometimes during editing. Probably some internal structure of document gets corrupted, so based on level of corruption, different fixes could help. Many of them are listed at  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/ms-word-header-styles-are-showing-black-boxes/c427b21c-dcda-46ce-a506-b9a16c9f2f3f I took different approach. Since docx is just standard zip package with xml files, I decided to try if I can fix it manually. And it worked. When I extracted the docx, there was file called numbering.xml in word folder. When I examined that file, I found strange se

Quick Tip - SSJS Error line numbers

 Recently, I had to work on an app with a pretty huge server-side JavaScript codebase. Several developers with different levels of XPages knowledge worked on that project in the past, to the code is quite hard to follow. My suggestion to rewrite all the code to Java was not accepted, so we have to deal with SSJS for now. One of the most annoying things, when you work with SSJS, is that in many cases you don't know where an error is happening. If you keep things simple and allow redirection to an error page (default or custom), you get a lot of information, and usually, you don't want to scare users with that or you may even want to do something useful in a catch block to recover from the problem. If the problem is thrown directly in the XPages JS engine, it's usually an InterpretException, which contains the context information, but if you have to deal with standard Java exceptions, you don't have it. Imagine a simple scenario with a function in a ssjs lib. When you run

HCL Domino SSO with Microsoft Teams

 Microsoft Teams is probably one of the most used tools this year, it was already quite popular before the pandemic started to spread across the world this spring, but now most of the businesses I work with use it. After using it just like a chat/conferencing tool, many start to explore further capabilities of the platform. When working with Domino data in apps that are web-enabled, it can be quite easy - just add a web tab anywhere you want. The problem is, that you need to deal with user authentication.